This posting has expired and is no longer available.
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is a culturally rich environment leading the way in whole-person health education with cutting edge technology and instruction. From its inception in 1892, ATSU has had a long tradition of inclusion. By capitalizing on local, regional, national and global community relationships, ATSU has mastered the concept of access and opportunity for culturally proficient faculty and administrators to explore their career interests and enrich the ATSU community as we reflect the communities we serve. The Chair of the Occupational Therapy Department will report directly to the Dean of the Arizona School of Health Sciences and will be the administrator of the department in charge of overseeing the development, implementation, content and ongoing evaluation of the occupational therapy programs.
The responsibilities of the Chair will include, but will not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Lead, direct, guide, mentor and evaluate the OT Department faculty/staff of 12 full time employees .
- Direct the residential, entry-level Master of Science in the OT Program and oversee other OT department academic programs.
- Assist the Dean with budget planning and problem-solving activities related to ASHS and the OT Department.
- Manage departmental budgets of 2 – 3 million dollars.
- Direct and conduct self-study and annual OT program evaluation as required by ACOTE for accreditation.
- Work with appropriate directors, vice-presidents, and deans on recruitment, admissions, development, research, public relations and others as needed.
- Work with the Dean’s Office as needed for program development and stay current on all ongoing trends and changes within the Occupational Therapy profession.
- Teach and mentor students and faculty.
- Teach and engage in scholarly endeavors and service as appropriate for the discipline and department.
Interested persons should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, the names and contact information for three professional references. Electronic submission of all materials should be directed to email@example.com
Please contact Dr. Annlee Burch, Vice Dean of the Arizona School of Health Sciences and Chair of the Search Committee, with any inquiries about the position at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skills / Requirements
- Doctoral degree; earned PhD or EdD required.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as an occupational therapist in Arizona.
- 10 years experiences of prior higher education OT teaching experience at the professional and graduate level.
- Experience preferable in both residential and online environments.
- Academic leadership and management/administration in higher education.
- Extensive knowledge of ACOTE standards and requirements for OT education necessary.
- Ability to mentor faculty, promote professional development, and cultural competency.