This posting has expired and is no longer available.
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is a culturally rich environment leading the way in whole-person health education with cutting edge technology and instruction. From its inception in 1892, ATSU has had a long tradition of inclusion. By capitalizing on local, regional, national and global community relationships, ATSU has mastered the concept of access and opportunity for culturally proficient faculty and administrators to explore their career interests and enrich the ATSU community as we reflect the communities we serve. The Assistant Vice President will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs and will be responsible for envisioning, developing, coordinating and administering the planning efforts for programmatic academic innovations and oversee their activities.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Vice President-Academic Innovations will include, but will not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Oversee the operations and activities of the Teaching & Learning Center (TLC), working with the director particularly in its initial development.
- Oversee the integrated ATSU library system through regular planning meetings with the University librarian to ensure the library responds to the Board and Schools’ priorities, including interface with the TLC.
- Oversee the activities of the Interprofessional Education and Collaboration program;
- Oversee the activities of the National Center for American Indian Health Professions (NCAIHP), ensuring that its director and staff work seamlessly and productively to achieve its stated goals.
- Oversee the activities of the Aging Studies Project, providing direction to the carrying out of its mission across the University.
- Actively participate in the development of new academic programs and encourage creativity and innovative ideas.
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will have the following skills and accomplishments:
- An earned doctorate in an appropriate academic discipline from an acredited institution;
- Administrative experience in health professions higher education, plus a record of achievement as a teacher and scholar in either the classroom or a clinical setting with at least 5 years of experience;
- Demonstrated success working with diverse campus constituencies that includes faculty, senior administrators, staff, and students;
- Broad knowledge of national trends in health science education and healthcare delivery; and
- Superior written, oral, and listening communication skills.
This position will be located on the Mesa, Arizona campus but will frequent travel to the Kirksville, Missouri campus. Applications being accepted until position has been filled.
Pleas submit an ATSU application, cover letter, and curriculum vita to: email@example.com. You may locate the ATSU application on the home page of this employment site.