ASDOH-Affiliated Practice Registered Dental Hygienist-Part Time/Mobile
This 10 hour part-time Dental Hygiene position requires the applicant to work as part of our dental team under a 5 year HRSA grant which covers the areas of Interprofessional Education and Teledentistry. You will be driving dental students to different partner locations in the Phoenix Metro area and overseeing those students providing dental care to underserved populations. At times, complete the periodontal care of patients depending on the situation. The ability to be flexible is a must.
- Registered Dental Hygienist licensed in the state of Arizona
- Either an Affiliated Practice Dental Hygienist, or able to complete the contract
- Teaching experience with dental or dental hygiene students is preferable
- Able to lift mobile dentistry equipment
- Drive ATSU vehicle with students to site locations in the Phoenix area
- Travel to underserved and rural areas with the teledentistry team
- Completing patient intakes, gathering and reviewing medical history and diagnostic and demographic data
- Acting as a nutritional and tobacco cessation counselor
- Transmitting patient data via telehealth equipment for analysis by interprofessional teams on ATSU’s Mesa campus for further treatment needed/authorized.
- Perform preventive oral health services and supervise such services performed by D3 students.