ASDOH - CCU Director
The Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health is presently conducting a search for one full-time clinical faculty members with the administrative duties of a Comprehensive Care Unit Director with the rank of assistant professor.
CCU Clinic - Assistant Professor will conduct teaching, patient care, scholarly and service activities in support of the mission, goals and objectives of the School and University with primary responsibility to facilitate the students’ clinical experience from foundational knowledge and clinical skills to demonstrating competency in patient-centered care that integrates biomedical, behavioral and clinical sciences.
- Clinical Supervision: Provide clinical supervision of predoctoral dental students in patient care activities within the scope of general dentistry.
- Documentation: Complete documentation on student performance and progress towards competency; review and approve EHR.
- Enforce clinic policy including infection control, quality improvement, risk management, recordkeeping, etc & assure safety
- Provide direct patient care that supports community service, efficient clinic operations, student education, or when in the best interest of the patient (e.g: treatment is too complex for assigned student provider).
- Instruct students in the simulation clinic as assigned; collaborate with Course Director on assessment of student performance.
- Effectively carry out lecture, seminar and clinical assignments and responsibilities as assigned, including appropriate student assessment.
- Be readily available to students for mentoring and consultation.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Skills / Requirements
DDS/DMD from an ADA-accredited dental school. Arizona Dental License required with a minimum of 3 years experience in dental teaching environment and comprehensive dental practice experience.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1441