ASDOH - Education Specialist
Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health at A.T. Still University is seeking applications for a full-time Education Support Specialist. The Education Support Specialist will be a self-starter with initiative and the ability to be assertive yet tactful. They will be highly resourceful, creative, and professional with the ability to interact in a flexible and positive manner both within the University and externally. This is a non-exempt position which reports to the Associate Director of Education.
- Work directly with the Associate Dean of Pre-Clinical Education, Assistant Dean Clinical Education and Student Success, Associate Dean for Academic Assessment, and Associate Director, Education and other Administrators in assisting in the development and implementation D1-D4 courses.
- Work closely with the Associate Director of Education who supervises major tasks concerning the implementation of D1-D4 curriculum.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive student data and academic progress information.
- Point of contact for D1-D4 students regarding curriculum and student issues.
- Compile, Track, and input data into various ATSU Assessment and Accreditation software systems (AEFIS, TK20, and others)
- Prepare, post, and maintain course syllabi
- Prepare, post, and manage course/module content such as lectures, videos, and other related materials
- Prepare Canvas courses for student/faculty use by enrolling faculty and students, setting up assessment grading criteria, assignment drop boxes, Echo360 Recordings, the gradebook, etc.
- Mediate assessment-related disputes between faculty and students.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong computer and data entry skills
- Ability to learn new software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Advanced proofing and editing skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking along with advanced office skills
- Versatile, organized, and willing to work under pressure of deadlines