ASDOH - Orthodontic Clinic Manager
- Supervise and manage the daily activities/clinic flow for the Orthodontic Residency Program
- Manage two Orthodontic budgets: Didactic and Clinical, suggest Capital budget expenditures
- Supervise, train, develop, and mentor dental assistants and externs
- Handle all interviewing of assistants, hiring, training, evaluations, disciplinary actions, and scheduling for employees
- Maintain and submit payroll for all employees and adjunct faculty, cover other departments’ payroll as needed.
- Develop, maintain, and manage affiliation agreements & relationships with external dental assisting schools and resident clinic sites for ASDOH and ASDOH POP
- Develop reports bi-annually, or as needed on request by Directors on Orthodontic Clinic performance
- Manage grades, coordinating rotations, and attendance for D3 & D4 Orthodontic rotations
- Manage Smile Forward Orthodontic grant budget
- Manage and submit applications for Surgical Grants
- Work with Clinical Specialist and IT offices to maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and install software for Dolphin software suites
- Review patient accounts, submit patient adjustment/refund requests, track reports for clinic and Operations
- Develop, revise, maintain, and compile reports within Survey Monkey on monthly, bi-annual, and yearly patient, adjunct faculty, and resident reports (resident reviews, adjunct faculty reviews, course reviews, chart audits)
- Maintain Dolphin database of patient statuses
- Work directly with Triton Account Mgr and ASDOH Operations regarding patient collections on an ongoing basis
- Manage patient lists (call/email/mail/track pts) for recall, active w/o future apt, Invisalign, and 2-yr post ret RECS appointments
- Represent ATSU/ASDOH at regional, statewide, and national meetings as needed.
- Maintain daily grading and yearly evaluation databases. Compile reports, distribute surveys/grading links to faculty.
- Serve and contribute on assigned ASDOH committees
- Maintain professional licensure and continuing education requirements for faculty & staff. Maintain all resident files (health records, personnel files, departmental files)
- Contribute to the development of Commission on Dental Accreditation documents, serve on assigned CODA committees
- Resolve and document all patient and employee, issues or complaints
- Maintain and submit all dental and resident grades
- Book/coordinate all travel arrangements and tax documents for directors and guest lecturers
- Track and maintain travel budget for Orthodontic Department
- Maintain 13 schedules/calendars for residents, faculty, directors, employees, and internal/external rotations
- Track and maintain resident and employee time off requests
- Coordinates all lunch and learns, meetings, CE seminars, graduation events, yearly adjunct faculty meetings, and resident interview days, resident reviews
- Referral coordinator and point of contact for Smiles Change Lives, St Vincent de Paul, Chandler Care Clinic and Tomorrow’s Smiles grant programs
- Creates, submits, tracks, and maintains all purchase orders for daily operations of Orthodontic Clinic
- Coordinate Admission Interview days, serve on assigned committees
Skills / Requirements
Four year college degree in Business or Finance, Office Management, Dental Education, Academic (or experience equal to 4-year degree).
Pay: from $39,440/year
Life Insurance paid by employer. Vacation Paid Time Off of up to 20 days of vacation annually. Paid Holidays. Medical Leave grants up to 30 days per calendar year for illness of short or temporary duration. After 1 Month of Service: The health insurance program is a comprehensive major medical program, which includes a pharmacy plan, and if elected, dental coverage and vision coverage. Retirement after 1 year.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1448