ASHS - Assistant/Associate Professor Audiology (2 Positions)
Position: The Audiology Department of A.T. Still University (ATSU) - Arizona School of Health Sciences (ASHS) is seeking to fill two full-time, 12-month, tenure-track faculty positions with rank (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor) and salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. The openings are the result of the retirement of two long term faculty members in the latter part of 2018-2019.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates must possess a doctoral degree (AuD, PhD or equivalent doctoral degree) and be licensed or eligible for audiology licensure in Arizona. Candidates must have advanced knowledge in areas of audiology practice or instruction appropriate for the needs of the department, university teaching experience and/or experience supervising students, strong interpersonal communication skills and strong computer skills. Prior independent practice in audiology, a sustained record of scholarly productivity, and evidence of professional and community service are also viewed as favorable for this position.
Duties of the Position:
- Developing and teaching rigorous and engaging doctoral level courses in audiology within the candidate’s area of specialty;
- Contributing to Audiology Department team-teaching and comprehensive exams
- Recruiting potential students and mentor/advising students within the program
- Completing assigned departmental administrative duties related to admissions, accreditation, curriculum review and other needs
- Participating in service to the university, profession and community
- Engaging in scholarly activities
- Clinical supervision and/or provision of clinical services, as needed
- Contributing to the online Post-Professional Doctor of Audiology Program, teaching and/or consulting, as appropriate
- Contributing to the interdisciplinary teaching and interaction between the various programs/schools within ATSU (audiology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, physician assistant studies, athletic training, dental and osteopathic medicine).
Preferred Areas of Expertise: auditory science, speech perception, basic audiology diagnostic procedures, counseling, occupational and environmental hearing conservation, anatomy and physiology of the auditory-vestibular system, otoacoustic emissions, auditory evoked responses and neurodiagnostics, vestibular assessment and treatment, and possible other areas of expertise.
About ATSU: A.T. Still University (ATSU) is the founding institution of osteopathic healthcare, established in 1892 by Andrew Taylor Still. As a leading health sciences university, ATSU is comprised of two campuses (Kirksville, MO, and Mesa, AZ) on more than 200 acres with six prestigious schools. Learning environments include residential and online healthcare related graduate degrees as well as community-based partnerships worldwide. ATSU has more than 700 employees dedicated to its not-for-profit mission and an average annual enrollment of over 3,100 students from 35 countries.
ATSU is renowned for its preeminence as an educational institution for healthcare practitioners in a multidisciplinary environment. The University is focused on integrating the founding tenets of osteopathic medicine and the advancing knowledge of today's science. ATSU continually earns distinctions as the graduate health sciences university with best-in-class curriculum and a community outreach mission to serve the underserved. The University has a rich history of leadership in both healthcare education and correlated research.
ATSU instills within students the compassion, experience and knowledge required to address the whole person and shape healthcare in communities where needs are greatest. Inspired to influence whole person healthcare, ATSU graduates contribute to the future of integrated care while also leading with a selfless passion in the communities they serve.
For more information regarding ATSU, the Arizona School of Health Sciences, and the AFA Balance and Hearing Institute, go to www.atsu.edu/arizona-school-of-health-sciences
Application Procedures: Interested applicants should complete an ATSU employment application, by clicking the link below and send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation to email@example.com.
Application deadline: August 1, 2018. Anticipated start dates between February and April, 2019 (flexible, as needed).
Please contact Mrs. Teri Rorie, Audiology Program Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-219-6124 for specific inquiries about the position.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1505, 1506