ASHS - Assistant/Associate Professor - Physician Assistant
A.T. Still University, Arizona School of Health Sciences located on the Mesa, Arizona campus invites applications for a faculty position with the main responsibility of Assistant Professor for the Department of Physician Assistant Studies.
The Assistant Professor will:
- Assist the DDE and Chair in development, content, implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum for programs within the PA Department.
- Provide guidance and direction to department staff and faculty involved in the coordination and instruction of the curriculum.
- Teach, evaluate, and counsel students.
- Provide liaison with appropriate offices and departments involved in medical allied health education with external agencies useful to didactic instructions.
- Assist the DDE and Chair with budget planning and problem solving activities related to the implementation of programs within the PA Department.
- Assist with preparation of grants, reports, and self-studies related to funding and accreditation.
- Write, edit, review, and approve learning objectives and test items.
- Secure, orient, and evaluate adjunct faculty.
- Provide feedback to instructors to help them improve teaching skills.
- Assist with preparation of handout materials, audiovisual aids, and any other assistance needed by instructors.
- Monitor student progress with assistance from instructors; serve as a primary academic advisor for a cohort of students.
- Assist DDE and Chair in evaluating teaching and learning effectiveness of curriculum.
- Review educational literature and learning media to keep faculty abreast of new teaching/learning strategies.
- Counsel students with serious academic and personal problems, referring them to appropriate personnel as needed.
- Assist in reviewing application, interviewing and selecting candidates for programs within the PA Department.
- Attend scheduled faculty and staff meetings and provide progress reports on program activity within the PA Department.
- Counsel prospective students about programs within the PA Department requirements and participate in other recruitment and marketing activities.
- Assist department by providing ongoing editing of informational materials related to programs within the PA Department.
- Assist the DDE and Chair in maintaining ongoing progress for evaluating and reporting teaching/learning effectiveness of the curriculum to be incorporated in the ongoing self-study.
- Interact with key external organizations to enhance the role of programs within the PA Department.
- Other duties as assigned by department chair.
Skills / Requirements
- Masters degree required, doctoral degree preferred
- Mature skills in execution of faculty role (test item development, objective writing, course development and evaluation, accreditation
- Knowledge of PA practice competencies
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1477