ASHS - Assistant Professor, Academic Fieldwork Coordinator
A.T. Still University (ATSU), Arizona School of Health Sciences (ASHS), Occupational Therapy Department invites applications for full-time faculty position. This position is a split appointment with major role and duties of the Academic Fieldwork Coordinator(AFWC) for the MSOT program and some teaching responsibilities. The person hired is expected to work collaboratively with all faculty, and in particular with the AFWC for the OTD Program. Area of clinical expertise that is preferred is a generalist in physical rehabilitation of adults and older adults, adult mental health or school-based practice.
Responsibilities: The Academic Fieldwork Coordinator (AFWC) is responsible for organizing, managing, supervising, and evaluating fieldwork components of the residential entry-level OT programs. Additionally, the AFWC will contribute to teaching assigned instructional components of the entry-level programs related to fieldwork and/or areas of expertise. The AFWC is responsible for advising and mentoring students; participating in scholarly activities (including research projects with students); developing and supporting community relationships/partnerships; participating in departmental and institutional committee and other service activities that support the mission of the institution.
- Doctoral degree preferred
- Licensed/eligible for Arizona OT licensure
- Knowledge/experience in OT education, scholarship, and research, strongly desired
- Minimum of 5 years experience in occupational therapy that must include at least 2-3 years experience in clinical practice, strongly desired
- Previous experience as a full-time faculty with teaching responsibilities at the post-baccalaureate level, strongly desired
- Previous experience as an Academic Fieldwork Coordinator (AFWC) in an OT or OTA program, strongly desired
Start date: Fall semester 2019
Interested persons should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae. Electronic submission of all materials should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Dr. Jyothi Gupta, Chair of the Department of Occupational Therapy, with any inquiries about the position at email@example.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1777