ASHS - Clinical Coordinator, Assistant/Associate Professor, PA Department
The Clinical Coordinator is a member of the clinical team, working closely with faculty and staff, to ensure high quality clinical experiences. The Clinical Coordinator is involved in a wide variety of decisions and activities related to the clinical curriculum.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit sufficient number of quality clinical sites to meet the ARC-PA Standards and Program requirements.
- Conduct regular on-site visits of clinical rotation sites to evaluate student performance.
- Assist in the direction, development, implantation and evaluation of the clinical curriculum.
- In coordination with the Director of Clinical Education, provide guidance and direction to program staff and faculty involved in second-year curriculum.
- Teach, evaluate and counsel students.
- Network with appropriate offices and departments involved in medical and allied health education and with external agencies useful to clinical education of students.
- Assist with preparation of report and documents as requested.
- Assists in the scheduling of student supervised clinical experiences according to ARC standards.
- Development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of clinical education learning objectives and assessments.
- Recruitment, orientation and evaluation of clinical preceptors.
- Provide feedback to clinical preceptors to help them improve teaching skills.
- Assist with preparation and dissemination of educational materials for preceptors.
- Monitor student progress to ensure compliance with program expectations and accreditation requirements.
- Assists in evaluating the effectiveness of clinical education curriculum.
- Counsel students with academic and personal issues or concerns, referring them to appropriate personnel as needed.
- Participates in the admissions process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skill or Experience Needed:
- Must be PA-C with a Master’s degree or higher.
- At least 3 years of health care experience preferred.
- At least 5 years of educational experience preferred.
Special Characteristics or Personality Traits:
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Cooperative and able to work in team situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
Pay: from $68,000/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1698