ASHS - Dean
The ATSU Arizona School of Health Sciences located in Mesa Arizona, consists of doctoral and master’s level residential and online programs in Athletic Training. Audiology, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant Studies. The School currently has approximately one thousand enrolled students and is one of six component schools/colleges of AT Still University of the Health Sciences.
The responsibilities of the Dean will include, but will not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- To oversee the planning and development, and to ensure the efficient administration, of the clinical, academic, fiscal, faculty, and student services operations of the Arizona School of Health Sciences (ASHS).
- To promote and ensure that a professional, enriching, and collegial relationship exists between ASHS faculty, students, and staff with the broader ATSU administration/community
- To supervise the accreditation activities for discipline-specific programs and for the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) to ensure compliance with accrediting bodies.
- To lead/direct faculty and staff recruitment, development, and governance; ensuring compliance with all University Policies and Procedures.
- To maintain open and effective communication with ASHS and University faculty, students, staff, and alumni.
- To seek guidance from department chairs and faculty groups about issues related to their programs and faculty.
- To assure continual improvement in faculty teaching, service, and professionalism.
- To respond promptly to the needs of faculty, staff, and students.
- To serve on the University Council of Deans, representing ASHS, while promoting and advancing the University-wide strategic planning areas (e.g., Learning Centeredness, Inter-professional Education, etc.).
- To work in collaboration with the Senior Vice-President-Academic Affairs, the Vice-President for Planning and Assessment, and the Strategic Plan Implementation and Assessment Committee, in making progress toward achieving the Strategic Plan and to make recommendations and decisions concerning the Strategic plan in a cost-effective manner.
- To develop CHC Regional Center/training partners in Arizona to accommodate training opportunities.
- To facilitate and guide fund-raising and grant-related efforts to advance innovation at and extramural support of ASHS.
- To provide mentorship and professional development to the vice-dean, associate dean, and assistant dean.
- To positively promote the University through publications, presentation, and professional networking.
- To promote a commitment to diversity, social justices, and promotion of an atmosphere of respect, collegiality and professionalism.
Qualifications: Professional or Academic doctoral degree is required. Both a Professional and Academic degree is preferred. Experience in higher education & administrative operations, leadership, strategic planning, policy development/maintenance, assessment, accreditation is expected.
A.T. Still University’s Arizona School of Health Sciences (ATSU-ASHS) integrates ATSU’s founding tenets of osteopathic medicine. Today, these tenets continue to prepare skilled and compassionate graduates to innovate with a whole person approach to healthcare delivery in the heart of communities where there is need. A.T. Still University of Health Sciences is deeply committed to an educational and collaborative environment embracing cultural proficiency.
Interested applicants should: Complete an ATSU employment application, which can be found at https://www.atsu.edu/contact/app.pdf and send a cover letter, curriculum vita, official transcripts and names and contact information of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For inquiries regarding the position applicants can contact:
Academic Affairs Office
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1632