ASHS - Instructor and Anatomy Lab Coordinator
Arizona School of Health Sciences (ASHS) is one of several schools of A.T. Still University (ATSU) that also includes the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (founded in 1892), Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health, and Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health. Established in 1995, ASHS is located in the city of Mesa within the greater Phoenix metropolitan area. ASHS consists of a variety of Professional and Post Professional education ·programs in the healthcare specialties of Athletic Training, Physical Therapy, Audiology, Physician Assistant, and Occupational Therapy. Opportunities for interdisciplinary education and research are available and encouraged. As the founding school of Osteopathic Medicine, ATSU is committed to the integration of body, mind and spirit. Additional information can be obtained from our website at www.atsu.edu.
This position will hold the academic rank of instructor of anatomy and will have an administrative title of Anatomy Lab Coordinator. The position is coordinated through the Anatomy Division with the Department of Interdisciplinary Health Sciences and will be responsible for teaching in the anatomy lab and coordinating lab activities, including lab set ups and take downs and maintenance of equipment and supplies. The position will teach cadaveric human anatomy to athletic training, audiology, occupational therapy, physical therapy and physician assistant students. In addition, this position will be expected to help develop a new virtual anatomy curriculum and to engage in scholarly collaboration with other faculty within the department.
Position: This a full-time, 12-month, academic ·position at the rank of instructor, with an administrative title of Anatomy Lab Coordinator.
Effective Date: Available to start immediately.
Skills / Requirements
The preferred applicant will have:
Professional Qualifications: The preferred applicant will have:
- A masters degree in anatomy, physiology, biology, or a health profession (g., AT, PT, PA, OT)
- Previous experience teaching in a cadaveric human anatomy course
- Previous experience with cadaveric dissection
- Certification/licensure as a healthcare provider (AT, PT, OT, PA, )
- Knowledge of virtual anatomy technology with excellent computer skills
- Lab management I coordination experience
Personal Characteristics or Traits:
- Ability and patience to work well with students individually and in groups
- Ability to prioritize his/her time in order to meet the diverse needs of a broad array of responsibilities
- Ability to manage a very diverse and unique set of educational needs in various programs
- Ability to perform duties autonomously with minimal supervision and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to be a highly professional, detail-oriented team player
- Ensure safety and compliance with state and federal guidelines at all times.
- Coordinate the lab activities including lab set up and take down, equipment maintenance, and lab cleanliness
- Conduct scholarly activities
- Work collaboratively with clinical anatomy faculty to prepare and deliver daily anatomy lab activities
- Training and supervising anatomy work study students with regard to appropriate laboratory safety procedures and dissection
- Other duties as assigned
Application Materials ·Required: Position is open until filled. Review of completed applications will begin immediately. Please send the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) letter of application addressing qualifications, personal characteristics, and responsibilities
2) curriculum vitae, and 3) list of three professional references with contact information.
Chelsea Lohman Bonfiglio, PhD, ATC, CSCS
Associate Professor, Clinical Anatomy
Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Department of Interdisciplinary Health Sciences
Arizona School of Health Sciences ·
A .T. Still University
5850 E. Still Circle
Mesa, AZ 85206
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1585