ASHS - Occupational Therapy Asst/Assoc Professor (4 positions)
A.T. Still University (ATSU), Arizona School of Health Sciences (ASHS), Occupational Therapy Department invites applications for two full time faculty positions in the residential program. Rank will be commensurate with academic credentials, experience in graduate education, and overall preparation for an academic faculty role. The Occupational Therapy Department has admitted its first cohort of students to the residential entry-level OTD program. The OTD program will complement the current departmental offerings that include the residential MS OT program and online Post-Professional OTD. The OTD program will graduate entry-level therapists who are prepared for current practice as well as for the occupational possibilities for the profession in a variety of systems within and outside of traditional healthcare.
Responsibilities: The faculty member is responsible for collaboratively developing, implementing, updating, coordinating and evaluating assigned instructional components of the entry-level MS and OTD curricula. The faculty member is responsible for advising and mentoring students for research and doctoral experience; developing their scholarship agenda; facilitating experiential/community based components of the OTD curriculum with university partners; participating in departmental and institutional committee and other service activities that support the mission of the institution.
Skills / Requirements
- Doctoral degree required. Academic doctoral degrees or clinical doctorates with extensive clinical expertise will be preferred.
- Licensed/eligible for Arizona OT licensure
- Knowledge/experience in OT education, scholarship, and research, strongly desired
- Minimum of 5 years experience in occupational therapy that must include at least 2-3 years experience in clinical practice, strongly desired
- Clinical experience in settings with Children/Youth, Mental Health OT practice or as generalist in adult practice desired
- Previous experience as a full-time faculty with teaching responsibilities at the post-baccalaureate level, strongly desired
- Desired content expertise: Early Intervention/Pediatrics; Adult rehabilitation; Work & Industry; Mental health and Psychosocial practice.
Interested persons should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae. Electronic submission of all materials should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Dr. Jyothi Gupta, Chair of the OTD-E Program, with any inquiries about the position at email@example.com
ATSU is located in Mesa, a large suburb of Phoenix, Arizona. Many cultural offerings, sports events, parks, outdoor recreational activities and other entertainment are available in the area. In less than a day’s drive, you can be in San Diego, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, and more! Sunny weather awaits you most of the year!
ATSU is a culturally rich environment leading the way in whole-person health education with cutting edge technology and instruction. From its inception in 1892, ATSU has had a long tradition of inclusion. By capitalizing on local, regional, national and global community relationships, ATSU has mastered the concept of access and opportunity for culturally proficient faculty and administrators to explore their career interests and enrich the ATSU community as we reflect the communities we serve
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1314, 1323, 1582, 1583