ASHS - Program Director, Doctor of Medical Science (DMS)
- This position is for an innovative and dedicated individual to oversee all aspects of the Doctor of Medical Science (DMS) Program.
- The individual will work closely with a dynamic and diverse faculty to develop and implement the program’s strategic plan and access and document educational outcomes to ensure ongoing program success.
- This is a full-time position with salary, rank, and competitive benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be knowledgeable about and have primary responsibility for the program’s
- Fiscal management
- Continuous review and analysis
- Planning, and
- Development, content, implementation, and evaluation of the DMS curriculum.
- Teach, evaluate, and counsel DMS students.
- Counsel DMS students with academic and personal problems, referring them to appropriate personnel as needed.
- Assist in reviewing applications, interviewing and selecting candidates for the DMS program.
Skills / Requirements
- Experience in adult education, specifically online education.
- Qualifications include a record of accomplishment in research and teaching.
- Mature skills in execution of faculty role (test item development, objective writing, course development and evaluation, accreditation)
- Knowledge of PA practice competencies.
- Strong ability to develop and deliver course instruction.
- A graduate of an accredited physician assistant (PA) program
- An earned doctorate (i.e. Ph.D., DHSC, Ed.D) in a related field is required.
- Academic credentials/experience to be awarded associate or full professor.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1620