ATSU - Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant serves as an attendant for the Diversity and Inclusion Offices on the Arizona and Kirksville Campuses. He/she provides an inclusive and welcoming atmosphere for staff, faculty, students, administration, alumni and guests. The administrative assistant is usually the first point of contact and communicates with internal and external constituents with utmost professionalism, responding to initial inquires relating specifically to diversity and providing direction for other University business inquires.
- Create, edit, proof and post blackboard(Canvas as we transition), social media, and Engage event information.
- Reserve rooms and assist with logistics and for presentation on the Arizona and Kirksville campuses for diversity training, and other activities.
- Provide departmental support for travel arrangements as needed, prepare travel expense reports, travel advance and mileage reimbursement forms.
- Create FedEx/UPS shipments as needed.
- Create Purchase orders using Ariett software.
- Order business cards, envelopes, letterhead and marketing materials from communications and marketing department.
- Back up for Arizona campus President's office Executive Assistant when absent.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
- Experience with working independently and with group settings
- Experience with editing and proofing any communications for print
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred (spoken/written)
- Time management and strong organizational skills
Pay: from $16.23/hour
Vacation and Paid Time Off of 10 days of vacation annually. Paid Holidays. Medical Leave ATSU grants up to 10 days per calendar year for illness of short or temporary duration. After 1 Month of Service: Health Care Insurance The health insurance program is a comprehensive major medical program, which includes a pharmacy plan, and if elected, dental coverage. Three plan options are available and dependent coverage is available for the families of employees, with the University sharing in the cost of premiums.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1570