ATSU - AHEC Scholars Program Manager
A.T. Still University's Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine is excited to announce the opening of an AHEC Scholars Program Manager position in the AHEC Department located on the Kirksville, MO campus. The ATSU-KCOM AHEC Scholars Program Manager will work with leaders and staffs of the Missouri Area Health Education Centers (MAHEC) and will manage the development, coordination, implementation, marketing and recruitment of the Missouri AHEC Scholars Program. The goal of the Scholars Program is to improve the skills and competencies of health professions students who are interested in supplementing their education by gaining additional knowledge and experience in rural and/or underserved urban settings. This individual will be responsible to organize and facilitate development and implementation of the AHEC Scholars Program in order to accomplish the goal of the Scholars Program and objectives of the MAHEC work plan. This will include working with internal and external partners and health professions students across Missouri in a way that informs and drives the Scholars Program to implement high quality programming.
Major Job Duties include:
- Manages and coordinates the AHEC Scholars Program, and assists the leaders and staff of MAHEC Network in program implementation.
- Utilizes Canvas or other learning management system to create and maintain online courses and monitor Scholar performance.
- Provides technical assistance to the regional AHEC staff and Scholars in using the learning management system.
- Assist the regional AHECs in their development and implementation of experiential community-based activities for Scholars. .
- Serves as a member of the statewide Scholar Management Team and coordinates the activities of the team.
- 4 year college degree in Education, Community Health, Communication, Healthcare Administration, Human Services, or related field (required)
- Work experience in a health or education setting (required)
- Experience working with Canvas or other learning management system (required)
- Experience with Zoom or other online conferencing software (required)
- Experience preparing brief reports (required)
- Experience with curricular planning and development (preferred)
- Previous experience working with health professions students (preferred)
- Familiarity with community health topics, interprofessional education, and/or team-based care (preferred)
- Experience with under served or vulnerable populations (preferred)
- Familiarity with project partners and communities they serve and the MAHEC service area (preferred)
Qualified applicants should submit a completed ATSU employment application, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.