ATSU - Analyst Administrative Computing
A.T. Still University's Administrative Computing department seeks a Business Analyst on the Kirksville, MO campus.
JOB DESCRIPTION (Duties and Responsibilities):
Analysis and Documentation
• Analyze and document existing business processes and use of SIS throughout the entire student lifecycle (lead, application, admission, student, alumnus) and improve those processes through application software.
• Evaluate/understand SIS functions (admissions, financial aid, registrar, alumni services, business office) and make recommendations for their use
• Investigate issues and problem areas in SIS function and take necessary actions to address the issue
• Test existing processes with new versions of SIS. Verify current functionality and make recommendations for changes to processes to make the best use of new functionality
Training and Education
• Provide training and education on SIS and business processes for new Student Services employees
• Provide feedback to help continuously improve the knowledge of day to day users of the SIS
• Conduct training and education sessions on new areas of functionality
• Conduct training and education sessions to standardize the data input process and improve data integrity
• Create and support web-based training materials key to SIS users
Issue Tracking, Communication, and Reporting
• Maintain an ATSU tracking system for open issues and follow up on critical issues
• Investigate issues and problem areas in SIS function and document steps necessary to recreate the issue
• Act as the primary liaison with ITS in investigating technical components of functional problems in the SIS
• Provide a leadership role for the CampusNexusStudent User Group. Set the agenda and facilitate discussion and issue resolution
• Manage key projects for the implementation of new technologies and related processes
• Assist in evaluating new technologies and their strategic implications with the technical architecture
SPECIAL CHARACTERISTICS OR PERSONALITY TRAITS:
• Must be an analytical thinker who is comfortable trying new things and using the knowledge gained to solve business problems.
• Must have a calm demeanor and instill confidence.
• Must have an aptitude for leadership and decision making.
• Must be a team player who can focus on multiple projects and maintain a balance between them.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Must be a logical thinker with an interest in using technology for the continuous improvement of business processes.
• Must have a high sense of ethics and be sensitive to personal privacy issues and protected data.