ATSU- Assistant Director of Purchasing
The A.T. Still University department of Purchasing announces the opening of an Assistant Director at its Kirksville, MO campus. The Assistant Director of Purchasing reports directly to the Director of Purchasing and is responsible for:
- Employing strategic visions, goals, and objectives to focus the organization on the highest value opportunities
- Innovating and implementing continuous improvement opportunities in the procurement's processes, procedures, and systems
- Evaluating and making recommendations to support the director with developing policies and procedures
- Being the primary administrator for Ariett e-procurement system, which maintains and supports all aspects of software functions, keeps and ongoing knowledge of enhancements, and provides expertise and training.
- Managing and executing purchases, within approved signature authority guidelines, in a centralized environment, including high dollar and highly complex purchases.
- Developing and maintaining strong professional relationships with on-campus and off-campus departments, while working with these entities to improve university purchasing practices
- Exercising discretionary judgement regarding special circumstances and resolving problems under established purchasing policies and guidelines
- Managing daily services of the purchasing department and supervising all purchasing professional staff
- Collaborating and supporting university expansion efforts
- Performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned to ensure the success of the University's overall mission
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible management and supervision
- Strong computer skills are essential
- Detail oriented, strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of procurement procedures and practices
- Dynamics GP and Ariett/AvidExchange purchasing system experience preferred
*Qualified applicants must send a completed ATSU Employment Application, Resume, and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ability to push, pull, and lift 50 pounds. Ability to maintain a driver's license.