A.T. Still University of Health Sciences seeks an Associate Director of Development - Leadership Giving on the Kirksville, MO campus. The purpose of this position is to strengthen ATSU's donor base and build the leadership annual giving program through personal visits after the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of ATSU's annual fund donors. This include directing all activities associated with securing leadership annual giving to ATSU from alumni, parents, corporations, foundations, and friends. This position will also assist in project management as assigned by the Associate Vice President for University Advancement or his/her designee.
Major job duties include:
- Maintain a portfolio of approximately 100-125 leadership annual giving prospects and personally manage the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of those prospects.
- Research, develop, and implement a leadership annual giving program to include stewardship clubs for annual giving leadership levels ($1,000 - $10,000) to include benefits designed to increase involvement/affinity with the University and ATSU’s president and leadership.
- Work with the Annual Fund officer transitioning annual fund donors to leadership annual giving while also assisting major and planned gift officers as they move mid-level donors into major and planned giving.
- Conduct approximately 120 personal visits annually and work collaboratively with other gift officers to achieve personal and team fundraising goals as identified by the AVPUA and reviewed weekly and quarterly as a team.
- Provide support to ATSU Alumni Relations and ATSU donor engagement programs as needed or assigned.
- Establish and maintain files/databases on donors/gifts in conjunction with ATSU’s central data management systems. Utilize ATSU’s “Moves Management” system to update prospects Talisma records.
- Work cooperatively with the advancement team, University officers, faculty and fellow ATSU employees to accomplish goals and complete tasks requiring a team effort.
- Match University needs as identified in the ATSU Strategic Plan with interest of potential donors.
- Complete other fund-raising activities as assigned by the AVPUA or his/her designee.
- Assist in identifying and contributing to donor impact stories for University publications.