ATSU - Coordinator Institutional Review Board
ATSU seeks a highly organized, detail oriented and efficient applicant to independently analyze and apply all relevant regulations, policies, and procedures governing any human subject research submitted to the Institutional Review Board (IRB). Successful candidates will possess a bachelor's degree with certification as an IRB professional. This position reports to the chair of the Arizona campus IRB.
Under the direct supervision of the Arizona Campus IRB Chair, the position will be responsible for the analytical and administrative support of the IRB. The IRB Coordinator will independently analyze and apply all relevant regulations, policies, and procedures governing any human subject research submitted to the IRB. The position will provide regulatory and administrative guidance to the IRB and ensure the correct implementation of all IRB policies and procedures. The position will serve as the intermediary between researchers and the IRB, recording meeting minutes, and IRB findings and decisions. The IRB Coordinator will maintain, revise, and develop the IRB websites as required.
- Process applications and conduct preliminary quality review of study documents.
- Provide administrative assistance for the administrative review and processing of applications.
- Maintain official records of committee activities; prepare meeting materials to assure completeness and accuracy of applications.
- Attend IRB meeting to provide technical information pertaining to University, local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintain, revise, and develop the IRB websites as required.
- Coordinate communications with IRBs from other institutional collaborators.
- Deliver professional, instructional presentations on IRB processes to faculty, staff, and student groups on campus.
- Setting up virtual meeting as needed.