ATSU- Database Administrator
The ATSU- Missouri Area Health Education Center would like to announce the opening of a Database Administrator. The position is based at the ATSU Kirksville, MO campus, but work location may be negotiable. This position reports directly to the MAHEC Director and Associate Director. The ATSU-AHEC Database Administrator will consult with the Missouri Area Health Education Centers (MAHEC) administration on productivity analytics and deliver focused analyses to create insights about data trends to assist in deriving programmatic decisions. This individual will have responsibility for maintaining and managing a statewide analytic service and tools, together with leading the detailed statistical analysis of the program data for MAHEC to identify actionable insights and build predictive models. This will include statistically analyzing data sets of internal and external data and communicating the results across the MAHEC organization in a way that informs and drives the organization to implement high quality programming.
Major Job Duties Include:
• Serves as the Chair of the MAHEC Data Management Committee
• Coordinates and manages MAHEC data collection, outcomes measurement, and reporting activities.
• Serves as a member of the statewide MAHEC Evaluation Committee
• Assists the MAHEC Evaluation Committee on program analytics and delivers focused analyses to create insights about the outcomes and to derive programmatic decisions.
• Exhibits leadership in different ways of interpreting analytical findings and recommend best practices.
• Works with ATSU Information Technology and Services, the National AHEC Organization, SLU and MU AHEC program offices, MAHEC regional centers, and a wide range of schools and other agencies to develop and maintain an effective MAHEC data and outcomes assessment system.
• Sources internal and external data to enhance analytic capabilities.
• Conducts regular audits to monitor staff production to determine trends and predict future data needs.
• Plans, develops, and write proposals for new and continuing ATSU-AHEC programs and prepare funding applications and progress reports for those programs.
• Develops custom software solutions using both SQL and the R programming language to address data cleaning, integration, and reporting procedures for the APEX system.
Skills / Requirements
Four Year College Degree Required, Computer Science major preferred
1-2 years of experience demonstrating the knowledge and skills noted below:
- Excellent computer skills
- Competence in and experience with developing complex MySQL/SQL queries and in developing reports from data in Microsoft Excel (including the use of pivot tables) is essential
- Proficiency in one or more statistical programming languages (such as R or Python), Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint desired
- Ability to manage time effectively and implement multiple projects simultaneously
- Competence in database development and management
- Collecting, recording and interpreting information from multiple sources and communicating information to a variety of individuals and organizations
- Working with longitudinal tracking of individual clients/program participants
* Qualified applicants must send a completed ATSU employment application, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com