ATSU - Director of Facilities
Director of Facilities will plan, direct, manage and oversee the activities and operations of the Arizona Campus. Duties include land use planning, construction maintenance, facilities maintenance and operation; supervise, monitor, review, and audit of the construction of new buildings and facilities, and the reconstruction of existing facilities and buildings; oversee, monitor and evaluate safety and security, maintenance, custodial and energy management activities for the ATSU Arizona campus; and to do other related functions as directed. At times this position will be hands-on with day to day operations. Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and university regulations, procedures and policies related to the physical condition and operation of the ATSU Arizona campus including off site clinics as well.
- Coordinate contracted work with architects, engineers, inspectors, local government officials, and others pertaining to construction of facilities.
- Represent ATSU in working with the state, county, and the city land use and planning agencies.
- Develop, submit, and account for all documents required by controller’s office.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and direct the construction, maintenance, repair, and remodeling of ATSU facilities.
- Supervise and coordinate the operations and activities related to ATSU’s building and grounds operations; plan and administer ATSU policies and procedures related to the care and maintenance of the college buildings, grounds and infrastructure.
- Supervise the department of safety and security for the Arizona Campus.
- Monitor contractors providing construction and maintenance related services to ensure adherence to project specifications, timelines, and appropriate standards of performance.
- Determine operational policies, guidelines, priorities, and the scheduling and control of various ongoing and major construction and reconstruction projects.
- Plan, organize, and direct facility and equipment preventative maintenance programs, including implementation and maintenance of a systemized data management, storage and retrieval system.
- Maintain a cost effective and cost beneficial operational mode, and to ensure that appropriate quality control and performance standards are maintained.
- Manage the capital and maintenance budgets for ATSU as they relate to construction and maintenance.
- Coordinate work activities between department units, contractors, and other campus groups through oral and written communications; inspect work performed and resolve deficiencies as needed. Includes ATSU custodial, maintenance, grounds and skilled craft maintenance on the ATSU Arizona campus.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of narrative and statistical reports, specifications, records and files related to assigned activities.
- Assign, coordinate, and review of the activities of architects, engineers, and consultants for construction and maintenance projects.
- Communicate with other administrators, personnel, and contractors to coordinate activities and programs, resolve issue and conflicts and exchange information. Recommend improved methods and changes as appropriate.
- Assist in the development and preparation of the annual maintenance and capital construction budgets; analyze and review budgetary and financial data; control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established policy.
- Operate a computer and other office equipment as assigned; operate various equipment and tools used in assigned areas. Supervise, train, and evaluate personnel; supervise staff training; prepare evaluation reports; review and discuss staff requirements and performance with employees.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Pay: from $69,600/year
Life Insurance paid by employer. Vacation Paid Time Off of 20 days of vacation annually. Paid Holidays. Medical Leave grants up to 30 days per calendar year for illness of short or temporary duration. After 1 Month of Service: The health insurance program is a comprehensive major medical program, which includes a pharmacy plan, and if elected, dental coverage and vision coverage. Retirement after 1 year.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1635