ATSU - Director of Safety & Security
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences seeks a director of safety and security. The director of safety and security the position plans, directs, and coordinates activities relating to the protection, safeguarding, and security of company assets, employees, invitees, and others; ensures established goals and objectives are accomplished with prescribed priorities, time limitations and fiscal responsibilities; advises, make recommendations, assists in the formulation of goals and objectives; designs, implements and monitors security policies, procedures and programs; complies with federal, state and local legal regulations; and exercises independent judgment in the course of carrying out overall responsibilities and other activities as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans, examines, analyzes, evaluates and supervises ATSU, Kirksville MO campus security operations, inclusive of physical security assets and security personnel.
- Prepares reports and records for the management team.
- Evaluates current procedures, practices and precedents for accomplishing ATSU, Kirksville MO activities, and functions relative to security.
- Identifies and resolves security-related problems.
- Develops and implements alternative methods for security operation improvement.
- Coordinates activities within the security area.
- Prepares periodic budget estimates and reports.
- Orders supplies and equipment as needed.
- Reviews financial reports to ensure security operation efficiency and quality control.
- Develops and presents security training programs for the Kirksville MO campus staff and students. Travels to the St. Louis MO clinic as needed to present this training. From time to time there may be opportunity to provide training to the Mesa, AZ campus (up to 2 times per year).
- Supervision of security personnel. Direct supervision of the Security Supervisor.
- Performs audits of security-related performance and conducts physical surveys of premise security, including security equipment condition.
- Conducts, supervises, and prepares reports relating to internal investigations of any losses or violations of regulations, policies and procedures; develops, implements and manages training program for security personnel.
- Responsible for preparation of emergency management and contingency planning.
- Leads and directs the emergency planning committee on the Kirksville, MO campus.
- Serves as liaison with public law enforcement, fire and other agencies as it relates to security.
- Directs and coordinates, through subordinate and/or contract personnel, ATSU activities and security functions, utilizing knowledge of established policies, procedures and practices.
- Initiates personnel actions such as recruitment, selections, transfers, promotions and discipline or dismissal measures.
- Resolves work grievances or submits unsettled grievances to the Assistant Vice President of Human Resources.
- Prepares work schedules; assigns or delegates responsibilities.
- Provides work directives for subordinates.
- Sets deadlines to ensure completion of operational security functions.
- Interprets and disseminates ATSU policy to subordinate personnel; and evaluates employee performance.
- Works and coordinates with the Facilities department for events held on the Kirksville MO campus.
- Assists the VP and General Counsel’s office with the relevant information necessary for completing the Jeanne Clery Act reporting.
- Performs other activities as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Strategic Thinking.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a clerical office environment, as well as periodical rounds, both with vehicle and walking, throughout the corporation’s grounds and work site. This role also routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.