ATSU - Director of Title IX & Training
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences (ATSU) seeks applications from qualified candidates for the position of Director of Title IX & Training.
Founded in 1892, ATSU is comprised of six graduate-level schools and colleges on its Kirksville, MO, Mesa, AZ, St. Louis, MO, and virtual employment sites: The Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (KCOM), the Arizona School of Health Sciences (ASHS), the Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ASDOH), the College of Graduate Health Studies (CGHS), the School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (SOMA) and the Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health (MOSDOH).
The Director has primary authority over and responsibility for several critical functions at ATSU, including ensuring completion of legally mandated training, developing and creating institutional policy, investigating and enforcing ATSU policy and guidelines, and ensuring compliance with federal & state law. They serve as an institutional expert on policy and process, particularly with regard to Title IX, human resources, and civil rights. Position will oversee ATSU’s Title IX program and will be responsible for ensuring the university is in compliance with applicable Title IX laws, procedures and regulations. Incumbent will provide supervision and oversight to the university's deputy Title IX coordinators and the investigation process, and will support the university's commitment to providing an environment free from gender-based discrimination and harassment.
Education Requirements: Master's degree in related field or Bachelor's degree plus five years of applicable experience.
- Experience conducting trauma-sensitive investigations in a higher education setting strongly preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with issues related to gender based violence
- Ability to recommend and/or effect changes to policies, to revise practices and to implement equitable procedures
- Knowledge of current state and federal law and regulations, practices and procedures, identified best practices and trends in the field of education
- Ability to design and deliver training programs to all constituencies of the campus, demonstrate accountability with respect to attendance and assess the effectiveness of these trainings
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member and communicate clearly while balancing multiple, varying and even conflicting interests of diverse stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
Interested applicants should electronically send a cover letter, resume and the names of three professional references to the attention of the Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1587