ATSU - Employment Coordinator
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences seeks an employment coordinator in the Human Resources department. The employment coordinator maintains the day-to-day activities of the human resource function of the University with complex and specialized administrative tasks including reviewing job applications from prospective employees, managing and overseeing records, and generating reports. This position serves as the initial phone and in person contact for the department.
The employment coordinator maintains employee records, ensuring completion and accuracy of details such as employee contact information, job classification, pay rates, organizational structure, and other key details. This position conducts or assists with record audits and mandatory reports, which may include I-9 audits, payroll audits, and other compliance reviews. S/he will frequently interacts with employees, department heads, and applicants providing support as needed. The employment coordinator must maintain confidentiality and assure timeliness in all activities.
Major job duties:
- Work closely with hiring managers to post jobs in accordance with applicable laws and ATSU policy and procedures.
- Assure requisitions are routed and approved with the appropriate signatures for job vacancies and they are posted for a minimum of 3 days to comply with EEOC requirements as established with ATSU hiring practices.
- Advertise vacant positions as instructed by the hiring manager, working with various media outlets to meet established deadlines and requirements.
- Work with hiring managers to provide a pool of available qualified applicants for review and consideration
- Complete reference checks with former employers for hiring manager as requested.
- Onboard all new employees on Kirksville and St. Louis campuses and remote employees.
- Assure each new employee is appropriately prepared to begin employment by conducting a one-on-one orientation on or before the employee’s first day of work to assure necessary paperwork and documentation is on file.
- Verify ATSU application, CV, background screening, license verification, and official transcripts are on file when applicable, prior to extending offers to assure compliance with Higher Learning Commission and specific discipline accreditation requirements.
- Assure accurate and timely submission of each new employee in the E-Verify system.
- Assure accurate and timely input and maintenance of electronic personnel files for new hires, changes in employment, and inactivate terminated employees from the HRIS and payroll system with the ultimate goal of assuring compliance with DOL, EEOC and applicable state and federal labor laws as well as ATSU policy and procedure.
- Review, complete, and input incoming employee information prior to the established deadline of each pay period for hourly employees and prior to 5 days of the end of the month for salaried employees to assure accurate payroll results.
- Prepare and maintain a log of University-wide personnel changes for each pay period to interface with Payroll in order to balance from one cycle to the next.
- Work with supervisors to process status change forms to serve as a source document for employee personnel changes including pay, hours, cost centers allocations, and personal information.
- Maintain the departmental Human Resource email account.
- Other duties as assigned