ATSU - Intern-Copywriter/Public Relations
A.T. Still University's Communications and Marketing Department is seeking a summer intern. The Intern-Copy Writer/Public Relations will assist with a variety of writing assignments for print and online communications, including University and alumni news, creative writing, web content, and copy writing for a variety of publications.
Major Job Duties:
- Writing clear, accurate, and compelling copy for various mediums, including:
- iconnect - University online news source
- University print/online publications, including Still Magazine (alumni) and Spark magazine (research) content, including faculty/student/alumni profiles, briefs, articles, etc.
- Client projects - copy editing and style review
- Attend University events to provide written content for news publications; take social media images
- Attend weekly C&M staff meetings
- Conduct research and interviews with students/faculty/staff/alumni on various University topics
- Collaborate with designers, PR, and other professionals on marketing/print projects
- Assist in locating/scheduling photography for written content/University publications
- High School plus two-three years college
- Writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Major in journalism, marketing, communications, writing, English, etc.
- Communication and interviewing skills
- Previous experience writing, copy writing, or working in communications/media relations
- Solid working knowledge of AP Style
Qualified applicants should submit a completed ATSU Employment Application, cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.