ATSU - ITS Support Technician
The ITS Support Technician staffs the ATSU Help Desk on the Kirksville, MO campus to facilitate the exchange of information and advice and implements technology solutions for the ATSU community. This position is considered a first tier position to support university faculty, staff, and students.
In addition to performing day-to-day technical work, staff in this position troubleshoot and resolve Level I issues. Staff in this position also have the responsibility of specializing in certain Level I activities. Persons in this position may be assigned to assist with some duties of the Support Services Manager as needed.
- Acts as level one response to University computing problems/needs or determine need for escalation of service
- Provides technical support to the end-user
- Provides necessary maintenance, installation, and troubleshooting of computers, computer software, peripherals, and misc. equipment
- Assists with ATSU's computer training program
- Assists with record keeping pertaining to the University's computer environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Answer and respond to help desk service calls
- Responds to computer related problems/questions immediately or by work order assignment
- Install and repair computers and peripherals
- Assist with ATSU's computer training program
- Maintain computer repair/service records
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum of one year work experience.
- Two year college certificate in related field.
- Must be proficient in computers (including Mac), Microsoft products, and peripherals.
- Experience in customer service relationships, in analyzing and troubleshooting technical issues, and strong knowledge of assigned specialty.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work.
- A+ certification a plus
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and an ATSU application. You can find an ATSU application at this link: https://www.atsu.edu/contact/app.pdf. Applications can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay: from $17.80/hour
Vacation and Paid Time Off of up to 10 days of vacation annually. Paid Holidays. Medical Leave ATSU grants up to 10 days per calendar year for illness of short or temporary duration. After 1 Month of Service: Health Care Insurance The health insurance program is a comprehensive major medical program, which includes a pharmacy plan, and if elected, dental coverage. Three plan options are available and dependent coverage is available for the families of employees, with the University sharing in the cost of premiums.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1734