ATSU - Liaison Librarian
A.T. Still Memorial Library at A.T. Still University is looking for a collaborative, proactive, enthusiastic and service-oriented candidate to join our team as Liaison Librarian to serve the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (KCOM), the oldest osteopathic medical program in the country and the foundational school of A.T. Still University. The KCOM Liaison Librarian will report to the Missouri Campus Library Manager. The successful candidate is responsible for planning, promoting and providing a broad range of information services, including instruction, consultation, in-depth reference, and research support to faculty, staff, students, clinicians, and researchers. In addition, the incumbent will contribute to other services and new initiatives with librarians and staff from across the two libraries.
• Provide liaison librarian services to the students, faculty, and staff of the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (KCOM). Liaison services include instruction programs, consultation, and literature search strategizing among other activities.
• Actively promote existing library resources, services, and programs to constituents.
• Develop and deliver course content to support teaching and learning in curriculum-integrated and library instruction settings.
• Develop library tutorials, resource guides, and other content aids.
• Stay current with medical education trends, curricular structures, and pedagogical methods.
• Collaborate with library colleagues on developing and offering research services.
• Commit to fostering a diverse educational and professional environment and the ability to work with a diverse population.
• Serve on relevant University and Library committees, participate in scholarly activity, and represent the library at regional and national meetings.
• All other duties as assigned.
• ALA -accredited graduate degree in Library and Information Science.
• Proficiency with search techniques across a variety of health sciences and biomedical resources; experience with PubMed.
• Strong public service orientation with excellent oral, written, analytical, interpersonal communication, presentation, and teaching skills.
• Strong commitment to or potential for innovative and collaborative instruction.
• Self-motivation with demonstrated ability to work independently and as a contributing, collaborative member of a team to build strong relationships
• Minimum one year of experience in an academic health sciences library
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in a health or life science
• Experience conducting expert level literature reviews
• Demonstrated understanding of current issues and trends in scholarly communication and research data management
• Record of active membership in professional associations, scholarship, and/or teaching
About A.T. Still University of the Health Sciences
Established in 1892 by A.T. Still, DO, the founder of osteopathy, A.T. Still University (ATSU) began as the nation’s first college of osteopathic medicine and has evolved into a leading university of health sciences comprised of two colleges and four schools on two campuses and online. Today, ATSU offers master’s degrees across allied health disciplines and doctorates in osteopathic medicine, dental medicine, athletic training, audiology, health administration, health education, health sciences, occupational therapy, and physical therapy.
A.T. Still University’s Missouri campus is located in Kirksville, a growing community with a rich history in education and osteopathic healthcare. Within easy driving distance of major cities such as St. Louis and Kansas City, Kirksville offers a variety of cultural and recreational activities.
A.T. Still University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, and actively strives to increase diversity within its community. We provide a drug- and tobacco-free workplace.
EEO Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1788