ATSU - Manager Social Media & Public Relation Arizona
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is seeking a Social Media & Public Relations Manager located on the Mesa, Arizona campus. This position reports to the Interim Senior Director, Communication & Marketing (C&M). The Social Media & Public Relations Manager is responsible for assisting C&M leadership in the development, implementation, and execution of public relations and social media strategies/initiatives for ATSU and its Arizona-based schools (ASDOH, ASHS, and SOMA) and California programs. The purpose is to support and advance initiatives associated with faculty/student recruitment, University advancement, and brand recognition, and increase engagement with all University constituents, both internal and external.
Working collaboratively with and under the direction of C&M leadership, the public relations and social media manager will cultivate and advance relationships with ATSU's internal and external stakeholders/constituents, communicate information about the University (e.g., mission, faculty, students, programs, and initiatives) using a variety of traditional, mainstream media, and social media platforms, and track effectiveness of strategies via reported metrics.
Major Job Duties:
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with ATSU stakeholders working collaboratively to leverage and promote ATSU's mission, educational programs, brand, and initiatives among internal and external constituents.
- Identifies and cultivates professional relationships with members of the media (local, regional, & national), community leaders and partners, school-specific professional organizations (state/national), civic organizations, and local government officials to leverage and promote ATSU's mission, educational programs, initiatives, and brand.
- Develops, implements, and executes strategic public relations and social media plans that support ATSU's mission, educational programs, brand, and initiatives, including recruitment and advancement.
- Manages, monitors, and evaluates the Effectiveness of University-wide public relations/social media strategies and provides supporting metrics and reports to leadership on a quarterly and annual basis. Facilitates social media committee meetings and discussions.
- Plans, researches, and writes accurate, well-written, strategic content for a variety of print and online University communications, including, but not limited to press releases, media alerts, social media, iConnect, articles for Still Magazine and Spark research magazine, marketing collaterals, and websites.
- Represents C&M at University and campus-specific events; writes/submits press releases to appropriate media and shares University news via iConnect and social media channels. (e.g., commencement and white coat ceremonies, Founder's Day, student and University-sponsored events, etc.)
- Works collaboratively with public relations team members to develop, coordinate, and update the Communication & Marketing Crisis Communication Plan.
- Manages and coordinates talent/appearances/resources for ATSU's mascot, Bucky the Ram of Reason.
- Assists C&M team members with client project management, as needed.
Preferred candidates will have three to five years experience working in media, community, or public relations; communications; or marketing.