ATSU - Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is a health-professions college that includes the Arizona School of Health Sciences (ASHS), Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health, School of Medicine in Arizona, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (founded in 1892), and Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health. ASHS consists of a variety of Professional and Post-Professional education programs in the healthcare specialties of Athletic Training, Physical Therapy, Audiology, Physician Assistant, and Occupational Therapy. Opportunities for interdisciplinary education and research are available and encouraged. As the founding school of Osteopathic Medicine, ATSU is committed to the integration of body, mind and spirit. Additional information can be obtained from our website at www.atsu.edu.
The goal with this post-doctoral research fellowship is to provide a well-rounded post-doctoral training experience in clinical research emphasizing the study of patient-oriented outcomes assessment following sport-related injury and illness. The fellowship position is coordinated through the Division of Research, Grants, and Information Systems, through the Research Support office and offers a number of advanced opportunities for growth as an investigator of clinical outcomes. The Post-Doctoral Research Fellow reports to the Assistant Director of Research Support, Dr. Alison Snyder Valier, who is also a faculty in the Athletic Training Programs. The fellow will gain experience in working with clinicians and faculty to conduct clinical research with an emphasis on evaluating patient-oriented outcomes. In addition, the fellow will gain experience in promoting and engaging in interdisciplinary clinical research, mentoring graduate level athletic training theses and doctoral applied research projects, engaging with the Athletic Training Practice-Based Research Network (AT-PBRN), and assisting with instruction in athletic training courses. To learn more about the AT-PBRN, please visit the website at www.atpbrn.org. Opportunities exist for the fellow to explore advanced research methodology and statistical analyses under the direction of a biostatistician and psychometrician.
Position: We are seeking a full-time, 12-month renewable, Post-Doctoral Fellow
Skills / Requirements
Professional Qualifications: The preferred applicant will have:
- A post-professional doctoral degree in athletic training / sports medicine or a related field of study
- Certification / licensure as an Athletic Trainer by the BOC (minimum of 2 years)
- Knowledge of basic health information technology with excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of research methodology with a particular interest in clinical outcomes research
- Previous health care research experience (eg, grant writing, grant implementation, and budget monitoring)
Personal Characteristics or Traits:
- Ability and patience to work well with students and parents to obtain necessary informed consent for research
- Ability to prioritize his/her time in order to meet the diverse needs of a broad array of responsibilities
- Ability to manage a very diverse and unique set of research aims and individuals through a multiple and varied research projects
- Ability to perform duties autonomously with minimal supervision and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to be a highly professional, detail-oriented team player
- Conduct original research activities.
- Collaborate with faculty engaged in original research.
- Advise and/or co-advise masters theses and doctoral applied research projects.
- Teach courses as assigned.
- Engage in professional service.
- Other duties as assigned
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Benefits are available. Effective Date: July 1, 2018, as negotiated
Application Materials Required: Position is open until filled. Review of completed applications will begin immediately. Please send the following application materials to contact listed below: 1) letter of application addressing qualifications, personal characteristics, and responsibilities, and 2) curriculum vitae.
Alison Snyder Valier, PhD, AT, FNATA
Professor, Athletic Training Program
Assistant Director, Research Support
Research Faculty, School of Osteopathic Medicine Arizona
Department of Interdisciplinary Health Sciences
A.T. Still University
5850 E. Still Circle
Mesa, AZ 85206
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1490