ATSU- Prospect Development/Business Analyst
The ATSU-Development department announces the opening of Prospect Development/ Business Analyst at its Kirksville, MO campus. The purpose of this position is to act as a strategic partner to the fundraising team, collaborating with fundraisers and advancement leadership, to ensure that fundraiser activity is focused on the right prospects at the right time, and to inform and support the organization's fundraising strategies, goals, and outreach efforts. This will primarily be achieved through:
- Conducting web-based, and print prospect research to identify and qualify prospective donors (individual, corporate, foundation) for major gifts to the University. Using ethically-based industry standards, the employee will utilize a wide range of biographical, organizational, and financial resources, including web-based subscription database services, internet websites, and other external sources to identify new prospects and complete donor information requests
- Collecting, synthesizing, and analyzing accumulated information to gauge giving interests, assessing giving capacity, evaluating inclination to make philanthropic gifts, confirm affinity, describing connections/relationships with ATSU, and developing and implementing further research strategies.
- Craft documents using style, grammar, and content appropriate to specific audiences in a clear, concise, but appropriately detailed manner. Interpret and translate multifaceted financial, legal, and corporate language into comprehensible language. Extract and communicate key information. Clearly communicate actionable, complete research results and complete all aspects of documentation and information storage.
- Developing cultivation and solicitation strategies and plans to aid University Advancement 's achievement of organizational fundraising goals.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
- Four year college degree required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately, and concisely?
- Specific, demonstrable knowledge of and experience with computer software programs such as Microsoft Office suite, including a working knowledge of Excel?
- Demonstrable experience in research methods and information retrieval, evaluation and selection of relevant data and knowledge of/experience in the use of online sources, particularly Lexis Nexis products, is desirable
- Experience creating, generating, and interpreting financial records and reports is desirable?
- Experience working in a non-profit environment, particularly in higher education is desired?
- Experience working effectively with others in a team environment is essential?
- Strong, demonstrable analytical skills, including the ability to analyze and interpret business and financial data, as well as real estate data?
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize multiple, diverse, and competing priorities while meeting deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and organize and manage a diverse range of assignments and projects with efficiency and attention to detail?
- Ability to work congenially in a complex academic institution ?
- Demonstrable proofreading, report writing, and data analysis skills?
- Interest in and knowledge of domestic and international business environments?
- Ability to respond quickly and enthusiastically to service requests?
- Ability to recall, recognize, and communicate interrelated information about the organization’s prospects and donors?
- Uphold the highest standards of ethical behavior, and ensure donor confidentiality, as outlined in internal policies and in the ethics statements compiled by APRA, CASE, AFP, and other related associations.
* Qualified applicants must send a completed ATSU Employment Application, Resume, and Cover Letter to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]