ATSU - ITS Support Technician
The ITS Support Technician staffs the ATSU Help Desk on the Kirksville, MO campus to facilitate the exchange of information and advice and implements technology solutions for the ATSU community. This position is considered a first-tier position to support university faculty, staff, and students.
In addition to performing day-to-day technical work, staff in this position troubleshoot and resolve Level I issues. Staff in this position also have the responsibility of specializing in certain Level I activities. Persons in this position may be assigned to assist with some duties of the Support Services Manager as needed.
- Acts as level one response to University computing problems/needs or determine the need for escalation of service
- Provides technical support to the end-user
- Provides necessary maintenance, installation, and troubleshooting of computers, computer software, peripherals, and misc. equipment
- Assists with ATSU's computer training program
- Assists with record keeping pertaining to the University's computer environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Answer and respond to help desk service calls
- Responds to computer-related problems/questions immediately or by work order assignment
- Install and repair computers and peripherals
- Assist with ATSU's computer training program
- Maintain computer repair/service records
- Minimum of one-year of work experience.
- Two-year college certificate in a related field.
- Must be proficient in computers (including Mac), Microsoft products, and peripherals.
- Experience in customer service relationships, in analyzing and troubleshooting technical issues, and strong knowledge of the assigned specialty.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work.
- A certification a plus