ATSU - University Director for the Teaching and Learning Center
Established in 1892 as the nation's first college of Osteopathic Medicine, ATSU (www.atsu.edu) has grown into a multi-disciplinary health sciences university with six graduate-level health science schools located on campuses in Kirksville, MO and Mesa, AZ. ATSU offers masters, professional and doctoral degrees with programs in Osteopathic Medicine, Dental Medicine, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, Occupational Therapy, Athletic Training, Audiology, Public Health, Kinesiology, Health Science, Biomedical Science, Health Administration, and Health Education. Using both residential and online formats, our curricular focus is on whole person health care offered in a learning-centered environment. ATSU strives to become a leading innovator in health education programs and the Teaching and Learning Center provides faculty with quality resources, programs and activities to promote innovative teaching and learning-centered practices leading to the best possible student learning outcomes.
The University Director of the Teaching & Learning Center (TLC) reports directly to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, and plays a key role in the University's efforts to further enhance the mission focus on being a learning-centered university. Through faculty development initiatives, innovative pedagogical methodologies and supportive infrastructure and technologies, the vision for the TLC is to promote excellent student learning outcomes that ultimately improve both patient care and public health in our communities.
The responsibilities of the University Director of the Teaching & Learning Center will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Guide the growth of TLC programming to meet the evolving needs of the faculty for andragogical strategies and technological skills enhancing student learning outcomes
- Lead, supervise, support and evaluate the TLC staff
- Regularly communicate with faculty, staff, administration, and students across the campuses regarding activities of the TLC
- Operationalize the TLC to support and promote research and publication in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
- Annually identify staffing, planning and support services needed for the TLC and prepare a detailed budget
- Support faculty in selection, training and use of emerging software and technologies
- Oversee maintenance and updating of content for a comprehensive and user-friendly TLC website.
The successful candidate should have the following skills and accomplishments:
- An earned doctorate in a health profession, in education, or in a related field
- At least three years of administrative and budgetary experience
- Experience in planning, budgeting and implementing a new initiative
- Experience in faculty development in higher education, preferably with a TLC
- Background in introducing and training for pedagogical and technological innovations in higher education
- Background in residential, online and distance learning programs in higher education
- Knowledge and understanding of teaching models, learning models, educational philosophies, and TLC Centers
- Prior teaching experience in higher education is desirable
Interested persons should submit a letter of application, a one page statement on educational philosophy, curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for three professional references. Review of applications will begin February 15th and continue until position is filled. Electronic submission of all materials should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is a culturally rich environment leading the way in whole-person health education with cutting edge technology and instruction. From its inception in 1892, ATSU has had a long tradition of inclusion. By capitalizing on local, regional, national and global community relationships, ATSU has access and opportunity for culturally proficient faculty and administrators to explore their career interests and enrich the ATSU community as we reflect the communities we serve.
A.T Still University (ATSU) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status in admission to, or access to, or treatment, or employment in its programs and activities. Harassment and retaliation are forms of discrimination prohibited by the University.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1672