CCPAP - Assistant / Associate Professor Physician Assistant (2 Positions)
ATSU is seeking several pre-clinical faculty for the Central Coast PA program in Santa Maria, CA. This is a full-time, 12-month faculty appointment. Pre-clinical faculty will be involved in developing and implementing the pre-clinical phase of the program and also serve on committees and participate in scholarly activities. Rank and compensation are commensurate with experience. Preclinical faculty members report to the Director of Pre-Clinical Education.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Master’s degree, Doctorate preferred, in health-related field
- Graduate from an accredited physician assistant program
- Current NCCPA Certification
- Demonstrated successful experience as a PA, preferably in primary health care
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- Hold an active PA license and, eligible to practice in the State of California
Faculty responsibilities are varied and will differ to some degree based upon the individual phases of the curriculum. Teaching responsibilities include developing objectives, curating learning activities and developing appropriate assessment activities. The preclinical curriculum is heavily dependent on small group activities and faculty will serve as small group mentors
- Meet with students to:
- Review student performance
- Assess student readiness for the next phase of the program
- Provide opportunity for the student to verbalize his/her progress to date
- Provide opportunity for the student to clarify/express concerns/verbalize positive aspects of the program and the student’s role in it
- Attend and contribute to faculty, program, and department meetings
- Participate in the development, revision, and updating of curriculum materials
- Be a member of the Admissions Committee of the Physician Assistant Program
- Maintain records and do appropriate follow up on all correspondence pertaining to applicants, students, course assignments and preceptors as applicable/assigned
- Assume responsibilities in grant related projects as assigned
- Assume other duties within the Program when needed and feasible.
- Serve as elected or appointed representative in University committees/activities as needed
- Serve as Instructor or Course Facilitator for small group-based learning curriculum
- Prepare syllabi, book lists, and course objectives
- Prepare assigned demonstrations using applicable technology for online and classroom teaching
- Work with staff to make learning material available to students
- Assume assigned role in test preparation
- Participate in text selection or other teaching modalities
- Assess student progress in course, prepare and submit final grades, communicate with students’ faculty advisors
- Instruct and supervise students in assigned clinical practice labs
- Evaluate student performance in clinical simulation examinations
PA faculty are expected to fulfill responsibilities as set forth in the A.T. Still University Faculty Handbook
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- General knowledge and proficiency in classroom instruction
- General knowledge and proficiency in clinical knowledge, skills and abilities to function within one’s profession in the primary care role
- Knowledge and proficiency in on-line technology utilized by the Program
- Knowledge of the role of health care providers in the healthcare system
- Basic computer skills including the use of document preparation software
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences offers an excellent benefits package and a generous retirement plan. Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual preference, age or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities.
For additional information or to address specific questions, please contact Darron Smith at email@example.com.