CCPAP - Director of Pre-Clinical Education California Location
A.T. Still University (ATSU) seeks applications and nominations for Director of Pre-Clinical Education at a new Physician Assistant program located on the central California coast.
- Create and maintain curricula with course syllabi including objectives, learning activities, and assessments.
- Coordinate and assign course directors, content experts and instructors.
- Develop and conduct OSCE, tests, quizzes and other measures of student assessment.
- Prepare students for transition to supervised clinical practical experiences
- Prepare students to take standardized examinations such as PACK RAT and PANCE.
- Assist in preparation for end of rotation testing in collaboration with the Director of Clinical Education
- Analyze student performance measures and create reports for program self-assessment.
- Advises students as assigned.
- Teach courses and instruct students as assigned by department chair.
- Attend meetings, events and activities of the program as assigned.
- Participate in PA program admissions process.
- Participate in the committees of the PA Program and University as assigned by PA Program Chair.
- Collaborate with the CCPAP Director of Clinical Education regarding development and assessment of the Clinical Phase of the Program.
- Participate in Scholarly activity, professional activity and research as mutually agreed with Program Chair.
- Adhere to program, department and university policies outlined in the faculty handbook.
- NCCPA Certified PA with PA Education experience at the university level and PA Clinical Experience in primary care preferred, CA License eligible.
- Competent with common clinical procedures and skills.
- Master’s Degree in PA, Doctorate Preferred
- Supervisory experience.
- Able to use common computer programs like MS OFFICE (Word, MS Excel), Familiar with learning management systems like Canvas, Blackboard, etc.
- Rank commensurate with qualification
Applicant must hold a master’s degree (doctorate preferred) from an accredited college or university and should have experience working with college students either in the classroom, recruitment, support services or administration. Must work well with others take initiative and be a problem-solver where needed.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate evidence of successful leadership in physician assistant education. The University mission emphasizes a commitment to diversity and service in underserved communities. Evidence of demonstrated commitment to student achievement and success as well as strong support for professional development and a commitment to collaboration within the PA program and across the institution is a must.
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences offers an excellent benefits package and a generous retirement plan. Review of applicants will begin on April 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual preference, age or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities.
For additional information or to address specific questions, please contact Darron Smith, Ph.D., PA-C at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay: from $100,000/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1728