CCPAP - Manager Assessment/Tech/Research PA California
The Central Coast Physician Assistant Program at A.T. Still University is seeking a Manager of Assessment/Technology/Research. The Manager is a key position will develop, deploy, and direct data collection and statistical analyses that document student academic achievement and monitor for students at-risk of program failure, and develop, assess, and report program accreditation and Department effectiveness metrics using lean principles and processes. The Manager will plan and coordinate the development, implementation, and faculty training of new skills and techniques for improving the delivery of the PA educational curriculum. In conjunction with educational technology responsibilities, this position will work directly with the various directors in the Department (and faculty) in the planning, conduct, and evaluation of the curriculum. This position will coordinate and provide technical assistance on data collection methods and analysis for faculty conducting research.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Design methods for, analyze, and report on data for student, course, and program evaluation, including admissions, classroom instruction, clinical instruction, student and course evaluations, and formative and summative student/program evaluations.
2. Develop and maintain datasets, analyses, and curriculum mapping to maintain compliance with accreditation standards.
3. Manage didactic course coordination and delivery, including syllabus creation, examination preparation and administration, and student and instructor evaluation.
4. Support faculty in organizing, scheduling, implementing, monitoring, and providing remediation study plans and/or courses.
5. Build and maintain course and curricular data in the DPAS G drive, Learning Management System, Google Drive, and ExamSoft, and distribute all pertinent materials to students and faculty in a timely manner.
6. Assist the Director of preclinical and clinical education with the coordination and maintenance of schedule for visiting lecturers and adjuncts.
7. Coordinate Department strategic planning.
8. All other administrative duties as assigned by the department chair.
Skill and Experience
Strong interpersonal communications; excellent written and oral communication skills; effective time management and organization skills; advanced proofing and editing skills; strong problem solving and critical thinking skills are necessary. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is strongly encouraged. Familiarity with Six-Sigma/Lean process is highly desirable.
College degree with coursework/demonstrated competence in research design, technology, and data analysis
Any combination of education; and experience necessary to perform job duties
Excellent knowledge/capability of standard university software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Blackboard)
Individual must possess strong organizational skills and have advanced problem-solving skills
Characteristics and Personality Traits
Versatile, organized and willing to work under pressure of deadlines and ability to meet deadlines
Self-starter with initiative, ability to be assertive yet tactful
Highly resourceful, creative, and professional with the ability to interact in a flexible and positive manner both within the university and externally
Committed to assisting in the education process
Ability to work non-traditional hours, including some weekends, in excess of 40 hours during certain times of the year is strongly desired