CGHS - Director, University Writing Center
A.T. Still University's College of Graduate Health Studies seeks a Director, University Writing Center to oversee and coordinate the writing center and provide academic support across the university. This person is a working manager who reviews papers. S/he will work directly with the faculty and program chairs to provide supplemental instructional support to programs, classes, and individual students. The Director will oversee general review services, ESL services, plagiarism tutorial, and is responsible for producing handouts and maintaining content on the University Writing Center website.
- Master's degree in English, Literature, or related field is required
- Strong background in writing/editing/medical terminology
- Knowledge of APA and AMA styles is essential
- Successful record of managing others and being able to work without supervision
- Must be able to work independently, manage others long-distance, and be technologically literate
- Ability to lead, mentor, and manage staff
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Effective decision-making and prioritizing
- Ability to perform duties autonomously with minimal supervision and maintain confidentiality
Qualified applicants should submit a completed ATSU Employment Application, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.