KCOM - Director, Student Success
A.T. Still University's Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine seeks a Director, Student Success in the Academic Affairs Department. The Director will support the academic progress of KCOM students through the monitoring, support and advising of all student progress in order to ensure their academic success.
Major job duties include:
- Directs academic monitoring program to promote student success in years 1 and 2 of the osteopathic medical program, guides students with resources and tools for corrective action, analyzes data and takes action based on findings, reports findings/outcomes.
- Co-directs career-advising program for KCOM osteopathic medical students through various formats, individual meetings, small and large classroom presentations, seminars, and workshops.
- Meets, guides and advises students. Intervenes with students at risk.
- Coordinates academic supports for students across all four years of the program.
- Serves as a liaison across offices and departments within the university to support student success.
- Reviews data, identifies problems and opportunities for student success, implements appropriate solutions; tracks and reports outcomes.
- Master's degree required
- Use of academic and career counseling techniques to effectively advise students
- Familiar with higher education laws and practices
- Broad computer skills
- Experience in career advising and academic advising in a higher education and/or professional education setting
Qualified applicants should submit a completed ATSU employment application, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.