KCOM - Family Medicine/Women's Health Physician
A.T. Still University's Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine is excited to announce the opening of Family Medicine/Women's Health Physician in the Kirksville Family Medicine Department. This position provides core faculty support to the Family Medicine Residency Program and provides comprehensive family medicine medical services with emphasis in women's health for members of the Northeast Missouri community. The preferred candidate will be a well-trained family physician with interest in women's health and OB with procedural experience. The candidate will participate in deliveries, newborn rounding, and outpatient clinic.
Major Job Duties Include:
- Provide supervision and assessment of residents in the Family Medicine Residency Program
- Provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified patient population.
- Train and supervise medical students assigned to the clinic.
- Participate in GMEC, subcommittees, task forces, and special and/or internal review committees as requested.
- Work with other Family Medicine faculty to ensure a positive learning climate.
- Participate in recruitment and selection of resident candidates.
- Facilitate residents' participation in the educational and scholarly activities.
- Direct and coordinate the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Board Certified Family Physician, FP/OB
- Federal DEA Certification; Medical Specialty License or Certification; Board certified or Board eligible in specified area of medical specialty
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care.
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care services in area of medical expertise.
Qualified applicants should submit a completed ATSU Employment Application, cover letter and resume to email@example.com.