KCOM - Medical School Liaison Librarian
The KCOM Medical Liaison Librarian will report to the Missouri Campus Library Manager. The successful candidate is responsible for promoting and providing a diverse information services portfolio, including instruction, consultation, reference, and research support to faculty, staff, students, clinicians, and researchers at an osteopathic medical school. In addition, the incumbent will collaborate on other services and new initiatives with librarians and staff.
Responsibilities as listed in position description
- Provide liaison librarian services to the students, faculty, and staff of the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (KCOM). Liaison services include instruction programs, consultation, and literature search strategizing among other activities.
- Actively promote new and existing library resources, services, and programs to constituents.
- Develop diverse course content to support teaching and learning in curriculum-integrated and library instruction settings.
- Develop library tutorials, resource guides, and other content aids.
- Track current medical education trends, curricular structures, and pedagogical methods.
- Collaborate with library colleagues on developing and offering research services.
- Commit to fostering an inclusive educational and professional environment and the ability to work with a diverse population.
- Serve on relevant University and Library committees, participate in scholarly activity, and represent the library at regional and national meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required qualities as listed in position description
- ALA -accredited graduate degree in Library and Information Science by December 2019.
- Proficiency with search techniques across a variety of academic and biomedical resources.
- Strong interest in public service with excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong commitment to or potential for innovative and collaborative instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a contributing, collaborative member of a team to build strong relationships.
Preferred qualities as listed in position description
- Experience in an academic health sciences library.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in health or life sciences.
- Experience conducting expert level literature reviews.
- Interest in or record of active membership in professional associations, scholarship, and/or teaching.
Recent and December 2019 graduates are encouraged to apply. Flexible start date.