KCOM - Research Technician
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine has an opening for a research technician to work in the department of Microbiology/Immunology. This position supports the teaching and research missions of the Microbiology/Immunology department. Common duties involve:
1. Pick-up, wash, sterilize glassware;
2. Prepare and sterilize culture media and solutions;
3. Set-up, clean and organize work and teaching lab areas;
4. Assist faculty and students in research projects as directed (generally, this duty takes the largest amount of time over a given year, but is always secondary to the items listed above and assisting in the teaching lab);
5. Assist as requested in the teaching lab (this duty is of prime importance, but only occurs when department teaching activities occur, currently in the fall semester)
Punctuality, self-motivated, ability to work alone and keep on schedule, attention to detail, responsible, organized, collegial. Ability to be trained in a variety of procedures. Basic math skills.
Skills / Requirements
Biology or chemistry lab experience is helpful; coursework in chemistry is important. Previous research lab experience is a plus. Use experiences: sterile technique, safety procedures in preparing chemical solutions, and in using scientific equipment.
A four year college degree is required with at least 3 months experience in a lab is preferred. Must have knowledge of chemistry, mathematics, biology, microbiology.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Pay: from $14.38/hour
Vacation and Paid Time Off of 10 days of vacation annually. Paid Holidays. Medical Leave ATSU grants up to 10 days per calendar year for illness of short or temporary duration. Health Care Insurance is available: The health insurance program is a comprehensive major medical program, which includes a pharmacy plan, and if elected, dental coverage. Three plan options are available and dependent coverage is available for the families of employees, with the College sharing in the cost of premiums.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1596