KCOM- Temporary Administrative Assistant
The Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine announces the opening of a Temporary Administrative Assistant in its Still OPTI Department at its Kirksville, MO location. The ideal candidate must provide high-level administrative support to Still OPTI leadership and members relative to initiating and maintaining accreditation, new graduate medical education development, and delivering osteopathic educational resources. This is a fast-paced position requiring someone who is a self-starter, can easily adapt to unplanned job tasks, reviews his/her work for accuracy and clarity, and strives to improve processes for greater efficiency. Candidates must possess the ability to write, speak, and interact with others clearly, concisely, and professionally. A creative and self-motivated individual who is able work with little to no supervision is preferred. Pleasant disposition, a sense of self-awareness, and the ability to realize how personal actions affect accomplishments of institutional goals is a plus. Must be able to handle challenging situations with tact and ease.
Job Duties Include:
- Greet members and guests promptly and professionally
- Duplicate and disseminate informational materials
- Handle logistics for organizing meetings and events
- Maintain office archival systems, and sort mail
- Manage team members' calendars and schedule meetings
- Manage resident and faculty roster data, assist with mailings, data entry, and other clerical tasks
- Draft, format, and accurately proof-read letters, basic reports, spreadsheets, and other documents
- Oversee social media accounts to promote Still OPTI and foster bi-directional communication for increased visibility.
- Attend and participate in a variety of professional meetings
- Prepare agendas and record meeting minutes
- Research and compile information to assist and support Executive Director and Associate Dean
- Coordinate travel and itineraries for Associate Dean and Executive Director
- Prepare travel reimbursement expense reports, reconcile credit card statement transactions, and prepare purchase orders and check requests
- Process and monitor financial transactions
- Summarize budget expenditures
- Prepare monthly newsletter
- Maintain website to reflect upcoming events
- Upload recorded lectures and new resources, and create new webpages
- Develop and maintain databases for accreditation oversight and scholarly activity funding
- Provide accreditation information to accreditation oversight bodies (ACGME and AOA) and download/upload information in Fileworks software for AOA.
- Assist Executive Director and Associate Dean with data collection and materials preparation for Annual Institutional Review, OPTI Annual Report, and accreditation-related site inspections
- Schedule OPTI Annual Meeting and other quarterly or annual events
- Collaborate with Continuing Education to finalize all aspects of OPTI workshops
- Manage all logistical aspects of OPTI-hosted events
- Create and edit presentations for Still OPTI committee and board meetings - may participate in presentations
- Order and stock office supplies
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
- 3+ years administrative experience in corporate or university setting
- Must know how to take accurate meeting minutes
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person, with our members and internal departments
- Must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents and information using tact and discretion
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to independently and accurately prepare correspondence and basic reports.
- Ability to use sound and independent judgment, think critically, and be a quick thinker.
- Knowledge of MailChimp, Wordpress, Facebook, Twitter, and Google Apps preferred
- Knowledge of principles and practices of filing and record keeping
- Prior experience in graduate medical education preferred
*Qualified applicants must send a completed ATSU employment application, cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org