MOSDOH-Adjunct Faculty - General Dentist-St. Louis, MO
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is a culturally rich environment leading the way in whole-person health education with cutting edge technology and instruction. From its inception in 1892, ATSU has had a long tradition of inclusion. By capitalizing on local, regional, national and global community relationships, ATSU has mastered the concept of access and opportunity for culturally proficient faculty and administrators to explore their career interests and enrich the ATSU community as we reflect the communities we serve.
The Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health is seeking applicants for the position of Adjunct Faculty- General Dentist located at its clinic in St. Louis, MO. The responsibilities of the Adjunct Faculty General Dentist will include, but will not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Manage D3 and D4 students as they develop and work through patient treatment plans, achieve educational goals and attain competencies.
- Communicate and manage students as to educational goals, essential experiences and competencies.
- Assist with development and maintenance of accreditation and clinic quality assurance measures.
- Participate in daily/weekly/monthly meetings with students, faculty, and staff to review issues/plans/events and student achievement.
- Participates in clinical calibration exercises.
- Provide direction over the dental assistant(s) and contribute to performance review evaluations in conjunction with the Associate Dean, Clinical Operations/Dental Director.
- Coordinate with CCU Director/SCU Director for staff leave (vacation, medical) and clinic floor coverage.
- Complete administrative reports as needed and all ATSU required employee training (RET).
- Track student progress and collaborate with CCU Directors and SCU Directors on student deficiencies.
- Assure patient, student, and staff safety and communication.
- Perform dental procedures on patients as needed
- Monitor case completion of student treatment
- Serve on University/MOSDOH and Affinia committees as assigned.
- Support/participate in an after-hours emergency care program.
Candidates seeking this position must have a college degree plus postgraduate studies (DDS or DMD) with 3-5 years experience in a variety of dental practice settings and experience teaching in a dental environment This is a part-time position based on the St. Louis campus.
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills, and accomplishments:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-directed and take initiative.
- Must be highly skilled in general dentistry.
- Experienced in a variety of dental practice/teaching environments.