MOSDOH - Asst./Assoc. Professor - Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is a culturally rich environment leading the way in whole-person health education with cutting edge technology and instruction. From its inception in 1892, ATSU has had a long tradition of inclusion. By capitalizing on local, regional, national and global community relationships, ATSU has mastered the concept of access and opportunity for culturally proficient faculty and administrators to explore their career interests and enrich the ATSU community as we reflect the communities we serve.
The Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery located at our clinic in St. Louis, MO.
- Candidates seeking this position must have dental degree (DDS/DMD/ or equivalent work experience). Experience in dental teaching environment is preferred and at least five to ten years’ experience in a variety of dental practice settings.
- Candidate must be eligible for a Missouri License.
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-Directed and take initiative
- Experienced in a variety of dental practice/teaching experience
The Assistant/Associate Professor of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery will be responsible for the following:
- Instruct, mentor and grade dental students according to MOSDOH's criteria.
- Remain on the clinic floor and be accessible to the students during clinic hours.
- Remain in communication with the CCU Directors (check electronic messages frequently for updates and changes).
- Promote critical-thinking skills chair side and during treatment planning for patient care.
- Contribute to the educational process by attending faculty/staff meetings.
- Utilize and demonstrate evidence-based decision making skills when working with dental students.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1401