MOSDOH Comprehensive Care Unit Director
Major Job Duties:
- Manage students as they develop and work through patient treatment plans, achieve educational goals and attain competencies.
- Communicate and manage adjunct faculty in the clinic as to educational goals, essential experiences, and competencies.
- Assist with development and maintenance of accreditation.
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly meetings with students, faculty, and staff to review issues/plans/events and student achievement.
- Work with staff and faculty in St. Louis and Kirksville to train adjunct faculty to achieve clinical calibration.
- Provide direction over the dental assistant(s) and contribute to performance review evaluations in conjunction with the Associate Dean, Clinical Operations/GHHC Dental Director .
- Coordinate with Associate Dean, Clinical Operations/GHHC Dental Director for staff leave (vacation, medical) and clinic floor coverage
- Complete administrative reports as needed.
- Track student progress and collaborate with specialty Directors and with the Associate Dean, Clinical Education and Community Partnerships on student deficiencies.
- Assure patient, student, and staff safety and communication.
- Perform dental procedures on patients as needed.
- Monitor case completion of student treatment.
- Serve on University/MOSDOH and GHHC committees as assigned.
- DDS or DMD
- Teaching experience
- Dental practice operations
- At least 5 years experience in a dental teaching environment
- At least 5 years experience in private practice where dentistry is performed
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Highly skilled in general dentistry
Qualified applicants should submit a completed ATSU employment application, cover letter and resume to email@example.com.