MOSDOH-Director, Integrated Human Sciences
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is a culturally rich environment leading the way in whole-person health education with cutting edge technology and instruction. From its inception in 1892, ATSU has had a long tradition of inclusion. By capitalizing on local, regional, national and global community relationships, ATSU has mastered the concept of access and opportunity for culturally proficient faculty and administrators to explore their career interests and enrich the ATSU community as we reflect the communities we serve.
Established in 2013, ATSU-MOSDOH offers an innovative curriculum with an emphasis on public health, leadership, and practice. Only the second dental school in the state, ATSU-MOSDOH addresses the oral healthcare disparities in Missouri and across the nation. In addition to the issues of oral health and the skills of dentistry, students learn from and are encouraged to become caring, community-minded healthcare providers. Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health is seeking applicants for the position of Director, Integrated Human Sciences. This is a full-time faculty position based on the Kirksville, MO, campus at the level of Assistant Professor. The general purpose of this position is as follows:
- To oversee the implementation and evaluation of the integrated human science predoctoral curriculum.
- To assure development, integration and assessment of biomedical sciences in association with legal considerations, ethical issues, behavioral sciences, public health, evidence-based dentistry, interprofessional
practice, practice management and clinical dentistry.
- To manage biomedical science curriculum.
The major job duties for this position will include, but will not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Work with Associate Dean, Academic Affairs to develop, recommend, implement and evaluate an educationally sound plan for delivery of integrated human science (IHS) curriculum across all four years of the MOSDOH DMD program.
- Maintain and improve integrity of the integrated human systems curriculum including monitoring of metrics and trends.
- Identify gaps, inappropriate overlap and inconsistencies in the IHS curriculum and make recommendations to the curriculum committee for resolution; incorporates appropriate changes for curricular enhancement.
- Work with Associate Dean, Academic Affairs and appropriate administrative staff to schedule courses and faculty for the integrated human systems curriculum.
- Serve as a member of the Curriculum Committee.
- In coordination with internal and external partners, enhance the quality of the MOSDOH program curricula.
- Develop a foundation for ethical thinking & action within 1st year curriculum.
- Teach in the biomedical science curriculum utilizing sound educational methodology in teaching and assessment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
This position requires a DMD/DDS degree or equivalent. A degree in human biology basic science is desirable. Knowledge of body systems, education, health care delivery, ethics, administration, leadership, strategic planning, policy, facilitation, collaboration. Ten years experience in higher education; clinical and didactic education experience; experience in collaboration.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1629