MOSDOH - Pre-Clinical Restorative Dental Faculty
The responsibilities of this position will include, but will not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Deliver didactic content for pre-clinical restorative dentistry coursework including Operative Dentistry and/or Fixed Prosthodontics. Experience teaching CAD/CAM technology and/or Dental Materials is preferred but not required.
- Teach students one-on-one in simulation clinic laboratory projects for a variety of dental disciplines (alongside other professors/instructors).
- Develop and/or revise learning objectives and associated assessments for pre-clinical restorative coursework.
- Deliver simulation clinic content for restorative dentistry coursework, including demonstrations of correct procedural techniques to a large student audience.
- Produce adjunctive educational materials such as demonstration videos or sample laboratory projects for the students to reference.
- Maintain and revise didactic content (lecture materials) as directed.
- In conjunction with the Director of Simulation Clinic and Pre-Clinical Education, maintain and revise laboratory manual content and written examination content.
- In conjunction with the Director of Simulation Clinic and Pre-Clinical Education, help students achieve competence in the pre-clinical setting.
- In conjunction with the Director of Simulation Clinic and Pre-Clinical Education, assess student progress and implement remediation requirements in the Simulation Clinic.
- Identify challenges to the restorative dentistry curriculum and propose appropriate resolutions to the Director, Simulation Clinic.
- Assure translation of pre-clinical content to the MOSDOH clinical setting.
- Serve on MOSDOH Committee(s) as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
To assure pre-clinical instruction in several aspects of restorative dentistry (including operative dentistry and fixed prosthodontics) through delivery of didactic and simulation clinic coursework as well as assessment of student learning.
Skills / Requirements
A DMD/DDS/BDS is required. Post-doctoral certificate preferred. Preference for experience in teaching in a dental school environment. Must be highly skilled in restorative dentistry. Excellent lecture and demonstration skills for a pre-doctoral audience. Ability to assess students' fine motor skills and students' progress in this area.
The applicant must be willing to work with all students, faculty, and staff in a collegial manner. The applicant must have excellent communication skills in both a lecture (large-audience) format and in the more personalized laboratory setting (as when working one-on-one with students). The applicant must be able to tailor their communication skills to different learning styles so that all students can benefit. The applicant must be of a patient and calm temperament so as to encourage student development and student confidence as they progress through the pre-clinical curriculum. The applicant should be personable, with a positive attitude . The applicant should be organized and detail-oriented, and also adaptable and open to new ideas.