SOMA - Assistant/Associate Professor Immunology/Microbiology
The Assistant/Associate Professor is responsible for the development and delivery of educational content to SOMA standards across the curriculum as assigned (lab, large- and small-group formats).
- Work collaboratively with other discipline experts to integrate immunology, hematology and microbiology into a clinical-oriented model using clinical presentation schemes for first- and second-year osteopathic medical students.
- Present this material with a focus on interactive small group learning environment using a variety of delivery techniques including, but not limited to, flipped classrooms, clinical problem solving, workshops and podcasts, and gamification.
- Develop assessment tools to evaluate the progress of the students and to prepare them for success on the COMLEX and USMLE boards.
- Review and facilitate delivery of Harvard HMX- immunology pre/post matriculation modules for first-year osteopathic medical students.
- Work with other faculty and course directors in developing integrated content delivery using innovation, best-teaching methods, and quality review cycles.