SOMA - Executive Assistant
AT Still University/School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona is looking for a responsible Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the Dean. Provides management support for the Director of Operations for budget/accounting reporting, is the Back up for the OMM center Office Manager. Additionally, supports Associate and Assistant Deans, Department Chairs, Faculty, Staff, and Students. Coordinates all major departmental activities. Schedules meetings. Records and distributes minutes from meetings of Accreditation Committee, Catalog Committee, Awards Committee, and Strategic Planning Committee. Processes check requests, travel reimbursements as they relate to the Dean’s needs. Works closely with the Self-Study team to prepare and submit accreditation correspondence, reports, and other documents.
Major Job Duties:18.96
- Provides administrative support for SOMA Dean, Associate and Assistant Deans, Department Chairs, Faculty, Staff, and Students.
- Initiates correspondence from the Dean and Associate Deans to both internal stakeholders and external individuals and organizations (ex. accrediting bodies—COCA) including confidential and high-level correspondence
- Maintains accreditation documents and files
- Records, publishes, and distributes minutes from high-level academic committee meetings
- Provides management support for the Director of Operations for budget/accounting reporting, is the Back up for the OMM center Office Manager
- Assists in preparing confidential HR status forms, faculty contracts, and personnel requisitions
- Initiates and oversees the annual creation of the MSPE (Medical Student Performance Evaluation) for residency application of each graduating student
- Initiates communication to students regarding the residency match process and provides direction to staff members involved in the process.
- Prepares the AZ Postsecondary documents for the president’s office
- Manages and assigns duties related to SOMA events (i.e., White Coat Ceremony, Innovators’ Gala, Graduation, New Class Orientation etc.) including preparation of the Gala and Commencement program and script
- Assists in the budget management for the SOMA events
- Schedules travel for the SOMA Dean, Associate and Assistant Deans, and Department Chairs
- Schedules travel for Faculty candidate interviews, special guest for graduation
- Performs all administrative clerical duties required to support SOMA Dean.
- Prepares correspondence from SOMA Dean and Associate and Assistant Deans.
- Initiates and edits MSPE (Dean’s Letter) for each graduating student.
- Makes travel arrangements and processes travel expense reports; check requests; purchasing.
- Maintains scheduling & travel for Dean.
- Responsible for scheduling SOMA meeting and classrooms.
- Interacts with department heads, administration, faculty, alumni, students, staff and other professionals on various issues.
- Protects the privacy and confidentiality of all information pertaining to university business, personnel and student information.
- Coordinates with faculty on compiling accreditation documentation and filings.
- Serves as primary source for resolving problems within scope of position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Four year college degree.
Experience with Microsoft® software, Windows® operating system, databases and basic computer skills. ERAS Dean’s Office Work Station software, for management of residency application documents. Professional written and verbal communication. Meeting and event planning. Ability and flexibility to complete and maintain various job tasks as requested. Strong team-work attitude. Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and general public.
- Experience in business or academic office setting
- Experience interacting with internal and community affiliates
- Ability to follow and share information regarding university policy and procedure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing, for in-person, phone and correspondence
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Managerial skills for work assignments
- Problem-solving and critical thinking
Equipment Experience: Computer, copier, printer, fax machine, scanner, various software programs, multi-line, phone, etc.
Personal Characteristics or Traits: Supportive, team-oriented, professional appearance and personality, flexible and independent worker, and self-starter. Able to encourage and mentor subordinates.
Pay: $18.96 to $23/hour
Vacation and Paid Time Off of 10 days of vacation annually. Paid Holidays. Medical Leave ATSU grants up to 10 days per calendar year for illness of short or temporary duration. After 1 Month of Service: Health Care Insurance The health insurance program is a comprehensive major medical program, which includes a pharmacy plan, and if elected, dental coverage. Three plan options are available and dependent coverage is available for the families of employees, with the University sharing in the cost of premiums.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1484