SOMA - Fellowship Director, Primary Care Transformation (Remote)
S/he will fill a significant role in developing/implementing and assessing the didactic, leadership, and community-oriented PC training activities (Grant Obj. 1-2). The PCTE Fellowship Director will report to the project director (Dr. Lewis).
Specific duties include:
• Work with co-deputy directors, faculty, mentors, and subject matter experts to develop Fellowship experiences that trigger the development of new competencies consistent with a transformed health care delivery systems.
• Implement annual Fellow recruitment and selection protocols.
• Assure timely launch of Fellowship didactics, modules, mentorship, and travel.
• Support design of individual community-based health care transformation projects within the Fellows’ sponsoring Health Centers, especially projects focusing on improved clinical outcomes related to mental health, childhood obesity, and opioid misuse.
• Mentor PCTE Fellows; promote/augment PC career development activities at Health Centers.
• Lead efforts to catalog and map the use of didactics, modules, mentorship, and hands-on
Skills / Requirements
Physician with training in family or internal medicine with prior experience in education/curricular development, public health and in working with vulnerable/underserved populations. Familiarity with federally qualified health centers, HPSA-designated areas and/or medically underserved populations.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1617